Spicy Chili Garlic Grilled Trout
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 ½ pounds (1.1 kg) trout fillet, about one inch thick at the thickest portion
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, you want to be cooking at a temperature of 400-450 degrees F. Place the trout fillet, skin side down, on a foil grilling pan. If you don’t have one you could also use a double layer of tin foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture all over the trout fillet, coating the entire top of the fish. Place the foil pan on the grill and close the lid. Grill the trout for 20-25 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork at the thickest portion.